…but everyone can agree on one thing: tans fade, highlights go dark and we all get sick of sand in our shoes. But the end of summer is the beginning of a new season. So we find ourselves looking to the future. You ain’t seen nothin’ yet. XOXO Gossip Girl.
Firstly, yes I quoted gossip girl above. Secondly, she’s right isn’t she?
The end of summer is the beginning of a new season, and with every new season comes change. We change our hair, we change our clothes, but most importantly we change our attitude. Summer is the season of laziness. Even when we have a ton of work to do, all we really want to do is lay in the sun and lounge around. Much like students, a wedding planner has a whole new workload each fall. As our current season is winding down, our next season of clients comes in full force. And I’m ready for it.
It’s no secret that I’ve been slacking in the blogging world lately. I hate to admit it, but client work and weddings got the best of me. With that it was easy to create a list of personal/business goals for October.
- Get back into my blogging groove. I can’t tell you how many people have told me they love how often I blog and how consistent I was with it. I feel like I have let them down. Well no more… this post today is the start of many consistent posts to come!
- Submit, submit, submit! I worked on so many gorgeous weddings this year and I just need to show them off!
- Finish my new office loft. This has to be done this month! We’re just about done with the insulation, so once we get the drywall up it should progress quickly and hopefully smoothly!
- Create a better system for client organization. I have binders and an online software but I need boards and files and more!
- Make sure to get in 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. I often slack on the cardio at the gym but I want to make a conscious effort to stay a little longer to do this.
Do you have any goals for October, do we share any of the same goals? Business or personal, I’d love to hear about them! Leave a comment below to discuss!
Photo by JFHannigan Photography